Sunday, June 17, 2007

The Perfect Dance

One of the most romantic evenings of my life was when my husband and I were camping at a camp ground. All the other campers had left for the weekend and we were the only campers on our street. On the spur of the moment, under starlit skies we decided to dance. We only had a radio so we were at the mercy of the radio announcer to give us good music. I remember there were slow and fast songs.

The beautiful aspect of that night is that we came together as we were. There was no shower, primping, hair and makeup to do or selecting the perfect attire. We were content in who we were and had no concerns about what we looked like. There was no audience to impress with are appearance or our dancing abilities.

It was perfect. Can we transfer that to our relationship with God? Can we come as we are with no getting ready? No expectations? Do you strive like I do for the perfect quiet time? Can we come and be with God as we are? Are we willing to let the special moments be the ones we are "not dressed for our time with God” and let him lead us in a dance of change and soften hearts?

2 comments:

deAnn Alyse said...

Sue, so happy to read your posts! First, sounds like you and your hubby have very special times together. And using those times as a metaphor for our time with God is ver meaningful. thanks so much for the reminder that God desires to spend time with me no matter how wacked out my hair is or if I'm wearing cut off sweat pants and a t-shirt. He's the Perfect Man! (smile) love, deAnn

Evan said...

Thanks so much for sharing this beautiful memory. Your writing is very accessible, I found myself with you in that moment.